Sunday, July 26, 2009

Practical Went Out the Window (a story of my flowers)

Last summer, I worked towards having a relaxing oasis in my backyard. For me, that meant flowers. This year, with the extra expenses of the wedding, we focused more on vegetables, herbs and greens. We take great pride in being able to eat things we grow in our own backyard (not to mention the ease of being able to walk out your backdoor and pick an ingredient as you need it in while cooking). Our flowers were limited to those who grew from 2 packets of seeds and the morning glories which sprout up everywhere in our garden no matter what.

Well, the weekend after the wedding, I started buying flowers. I have stuck to perennials so that I won't have to replant my entire garden every year. I am especially a fan of native plants. Each week I return from the farmer's market with a couple of new plants and I am really loving the flowers that are growing.








1 comment:

  1. Your flowers are lovely. I'm so glad you are enjoying your garden so much. I really enjoy your blog and have sent the link to a couple of people.

    ReplyDelete