Monday, July 13, 2009

Why a Blog

Let me introduce myself. My name is Hannah and I live in Minnesota where summers are short and the growing season even shorter. I'm a newly wed who has not had a lot of experience in the kitchen. In the past year, my big culinary accomplishment was finally figguring out how to make mac and cheese...from a box.

As a girl, I always loved to garden and go to the farmer's market. I've been told that the age of four, that I could name every plant in my parent's large East Side (St. Paul) garden. Gardening and going to the farmer's market are now pleasures shared with my new husband John. They really are our favorite things to do. We have been known to sneak off to the farmer's market 3 times in one weekend.

Well, I'm married now. I have a house and a garden. The first crops are ready for harvest from this garden and I am terrified. I don't know what to do with these vegetables! The purpose of this blog is to challenge myself to try new recipes as explore the locally and home grown produce available to me during these summer months.

*note: I live on a city lot, so I have a garden rather then a farm. I hope the title isn't too misleading.

No comments:

Post a Comment