Saturday, July 18, 2009

Zucchini Galore! (and the beginning of mission zucchini)

I recently discovered that under these giant elephant ear leaves in my garden is an ever growing array of green and yellow zucchini. We honestly thought these were pumpkins! We had planed the seeds long ago, putting the seed packet on the stake. These labels quickly blew away along with any memory we had of what we planted where. Now it is like a zucchini surprise party finding out that we have been growing all this zucchini. I'm glad we caught it, because the little buggers hide along the ground under their big showy leaves.

New Goal: To make use of zucchini in every meal

These are zucchini I discovered on a late night commando mission. My father had informed me to keep a close eye on the zucchini because over night they can grow to almost unusable, seedy proportions. I picked one that was threatening to get a little out of hand out of fear that is would be a bad influence to the other zucchini and possibly insight an overgrowth revolution. Brutus (bulldog, bottom photo) was my backup during this operation.






Here are my seemingly innocent, less rambunctious yellow zucchini in the day light:








No comments:

Post a Comment