Friday, August 7, 2009

Health Factor MIA and Purple things

I've been kind of disappointed in my cooking entries lately. They aren't exactly the healthiest of foods. Truth is we eat a lot of grilled vegetables and salads, but they aren't really blog worthy. Simple is sometimes best with delicious fresh ingredient. A lot of the recipes I've flagged to try using delicious vegetables, I've realized just add a lot of carbs and unneeded calories already delicious vegetables.

My suggestions is to just take vegetables, chop them, put a little olive oil on them, sprinkle with a seasoning if desired and grill them. Yum! Everything taste good when grilled.

Now that I've said that, I will start adding the other items I've made. Also, expect a fabulous pizza entry from my dear husband soon. He is the pizza making king! His pizzas are more healthy and delicious then your typical pizza.

Picture of Salad. Not interesting enough to right a whole blog about but good. Contains cherry tomatoes from our garden and purple carrots (fabulously colorful: purple on the side, orange and yellow in the middle) and mixed greens and herbs:

John and I love purple veggies. Whether purple carrots, peppers,tomatoes, green beans, cabbage or basil it just adds visual diversity to any dish and makes it special. My suggestions is to go the the Farmer's Market and pick-up so purple vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment