Friday, August 28, 2009

Purple Things at the Farmer's Market

I love colorful food. When a dish contains a variety of colors it is more fun to eat and seems to taste better. And why not? Don't we eat with our eyes before we eat with our mouth. I really like to include some purple into a dish. Here are some exciting purple things at the farmer's market this Saturday.

No purple carrots this week at the farmer's market (see this post) but these some of are the things we found in purple varieties last weekend.

Eggplant:

Tomatoes:

Peppers:

Potatoes:

Onion:

Corn:


Dragon Beans:

Beets:

Tomatillo:

Cauliflower:


My husband and I love cooking with these colorful vegetables.


I didn't want this to be a monochromatic post (you should eat a rainbow of colors) so I decided to add some orange cauliflower:

1 comment:

  1. Any suggestions for what I should do with my orange cauliflower? I'm looking for a delicious and mostly healthy idea.

    ReplyDelete